Personal Mission Statement

Value what God values Intentionally love, inspire, and serve Voluntarily give with compassion and humility Every opportunity counts!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Grace

Two nights ago, I was doing the nightly devotions with Brayden and Spencer since Thomas was coming home late from work.   When we finished, they said their prayers.  Brayden uttered his usual prayer.  When he finished, I said "Why don't you say something else too.  Tell God something new."  So, he went on to tell God he was "Holy, Grace, and King..."  Then he said, "Mommy, what's grace?"   I told him that grace and mercy were kinda alike.  It's God doing good for us, just because he loves us--because He wants to, not because we deserve it.   His answer to that was "Oh, just like Daddy!"---WOW!!!  I'm so thankful to have a husband that is portraying and living out a real-life picture of God the Father to my sons.  What a treasure!

P.S.   I told Brayden, he was right and that God would be pleased with Daddy too for showing grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment