Personal Mission Statement

Value what God values Intentionally love, inspire, and serve Voluntarily give with compassion and humility Every opportunity counts!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Those Who Have Young

He tends his flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart, He gently leads those that have young. Isaiah 40:11

I fell in love with this verse because it characterizes the stage of life I'm in right now.  Having 3 boys (ages 4, 5, and 3 months)  knowing God "gently leads those that have young" is quite comforting.  Parenting is a great joy and at times challenging.  I'm sure I've made my share of mistakes.  Perhaps at times I've been too stern when I should have shown compassion, or too merciful when I should have disciplined.  I know I've analyzed and calculated what to "do" to guide them and teach them to love God.  Then, in humility, I read this verse.  I do not bear the sole responsibility for directing my children's souls.  I am but a sheep.  I am part of the flock.  When I follow the Shepherd, he will lead me.  Not only will he lead me, but He will gently lead me.  He will take special care to see that my footing is sure and my path is clear. And what about my precious lambs?  Will they follow me all on their own?  Will they follow close behind me and the Shepherd?  Ahh!  God is much better than that!  Look at his care.  Look at his tenderness.  Not only does he gently lead me, but he carries the lambs--the young.  It even says he holds them close to his heart.  What more could a mother want?  I believe God's word is true.  I find great peace knowing that even though at times I struggle to keep all my little ducks in a row (or in this case lambs), God gathers them and carries them as He leads me.  So those who have young, if your arms are heavy and full, take a break this morning.  God's got it covered. 

1 comment:

  1. I just wrote my first major post about parenting...and I forgot you told me this verse one time I think! I might have to steal it. ;) You are such a wise woman and wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete