Personal Mission Statement

Value what God values Intentionally love, inspire, and serve Voluntarily give with compassion and humility Every opportunity counts!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Portion

God assigns a portion, an inheritance, boundary lines---in a sense, a territory.  How do I know?  Ps 16.  That's a huge honor.  It's secure.  It's personal (notice the word "my" the psalmist uses).  I can't wait to know that fully, to see what God has planned/set aside for me.  Some of it I get to see and know now.  I'm very glad that He's included a husband, children, a home, and a job within my territory.  Given my current territory in my job, I appreciated the verse "I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me."  I took it literally (as I currently work 3rd shift) and smiled, but it also can mean that even in the dark times, the unclear times, the Word of God hidden and written on my heart offers me counsel and guidance.  I have witnessed and found it to be true.  I DO rest secure in His unfailing love and promises.  I know the path of life--eternal and abundant.  Shouldn't my words reflect that?  Lord may my tongue rejoice!  Take away and remove words of hopelessness, distruction, and pessimism.  Replace them with words of vision, construction, and optimism.

No comments:

Post a Comment