Personal Mission Statement

Value what God values Intentionally love, inspire, and serve Voluntarily give with compassion and humility Every opportunity counts!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Foreign Language

I've often thought it'd be cool to know another language. I'm amazed at people who are fluent in multiple languages.  I've had classes in French, Latin, and Spanish...yet English is still the only one I can actually speak.  I've heard that you really have to immerse yourself in a language to learn it. So, it's no wonder that people were "amazed and perplexed" on the day of Pentecost when they heard people speaking clearly in a non-native tongue.   It's neat to think that the same Holy Spirit is living in me today.  The possibilities in this life are endless.  What I realized today is, God didn't ask his followers to "study-up."  All He needed them to do was declare his wonders.  When they did, it drew a crowd.  God (H.S.) did all the interpreting too.  Sounds like a pretty good arrangement to me. 

God, help me to recognize your wonders today.  Then give me the courage to declare them! 

P.S.--- God showed me a rainbow today!  I wondered at it and thought of all the promises God makes and how he keeps every single one.  I was in the car.  It was just me and Tyler.  I even tried to capture it with my cell phone (to no avail & prob not the safest thing to do).  So now I declare:  Thank you God for your promises!  You are always faithful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment