Personal Mission Statement

Value what God values Intentionally love, inspire, and serve Voluntarily give with compassion and humility Every opportunity counts!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

God's Priority

James 5:13-18
God, once again, I can come to you with many requests.  It often amazes me at Your interest towards humanity.  You desire for us to come to you with our troubles, our joys, and our sicknesses.  All of which, we have on-going.  I'm perplexed to think that the God of the universe beckons me (and every other individual on the planet) to make known our requests.  I'm thinking about my own prayers and praises that I bring today.  If God operated like I do, he'd say "Please don't interrupt me now, that can wait.  Let me handle first things first."  After all, that's how we as humans operate effectively-prioritize.  My momentary trouble of having more bills than money; my joy of having become what I always wanted to be "a wife and mom" and now having the opportunity to pursue a career that I'm passionate about; and my sickness towards the pesky pollen that's in full bloom certainly could be seen as interruptions and not top priorities in the grand scheme of redeeming the world.  But God doesn't prioritize like me.  Thank God for that!!  Quite frankly, I see no indication in scripture that God prioritizes needs at all.  Rather than prioritizing, He supplies---ALL.  The best part is, that He even sees past a symptomatic need to the real need.  Sometimes we see the symptom of a need.  God will handle the symptom by getting to the heart of the need.  "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."  Isn't it comforting to know that God offers righteousness!  He willingly takes on our greatest need (to be made right with Him, through forgiveness) so that we can be powerful and effective by bringing every part of our life to Him!  My mind may not be able to fully comprehend it, but I matter! All people matter to God!  And what matters to us, matters to Him.  But don't take my word for it, take His: 
"Cast all your cares upon the Lord, for he cares for you."  1 Peter 5:7 
"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." Ps 55:22

No comments:

Post a Comment