Personal Mission Statement

Value what God values Intentionally love, inspire, and serve Voluntarily give with compassion and humility Every opportunity counts!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Attitude

Phillipians 2:1-11
As a Christian, I don't act alone.  It's nice to know that I'm on a team with other people.  We have one goal, to do God's will, which is that all people will be reconciled with Christ.  I need to rememeber that I am part of a team.  I'm not on my own, and therefore I need to consider others before I consider myself.   Phillipians 2:5 says "Your attitude should be the same a that of Christ Jesus."  That's a high calling.  I wonder what difference it would make if in every situation, opportunity, and relationship I had the attitude of Christ?  I would expect, it would make all the difference.  Jesus grew in wisdom, favor, and stature with God and men.  I would assume that it had a lot to do with his attitude.  Good, humble attitudes create fertile ground for learning, friendships, and opportunity.   I pray that today, I will be mindful of my attitude.  That I will be Christ-like towards my husband, children, neighbors, and co-workers.  May the tone and words of my mouth be carefully chosen to confess "Jesus Christ is Lord."

1 comment: